The purpose of an audit is to:
- Determine what is currently being done
- Evaluate what is being done (is it working, etc)
- Recommend what should be done in the future
Are you profitable?
Profitability is key in business, but this involves understanding both your profit and your cost structure.
The audit involves the following:
What is the profitability of the company's different products, markets, territories and channels of distribution?
Cost effectiveness analysis
- Do any marketing activities seem to have excessive costs?
- Can cost-reducing steps be taken?